Our service includes a versatile selection of options for the frequency and delivery speed of your shipments. You can choose from Monthly, Biweekly, and Weekly shipping, or have your comics shipped whenever they reach a certain dollar value. We provide tracking for all domestic packages. Standard Shipping starts at about $2.00; in most cases, a subscriber's discount more than covers his or her shipping costs.
Visit the Shipping & Payment page on the left menu to fill in your billing information. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. You will only be charged just before we mail you a shipment of subscription items. There is no down payment or pre-payment for our service.
The Shipping & Payment page will provide the estimated shipping prices of all the available options. These estimates are based on how many books you are projected to receive in the current month and the distance to your shipping address. This is the estimated cost per shipment, not per month. Changing the shipping frequency will change your estimated cost per shipment, because your packages will contain more or fewer comics.
For Customers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, and with U.S. Military Addresses (APOs):
- Standard Shipping: We use Media Mail and Bound Printed Matter for Standard Shipping, which starts at about $2.00. The postal service estimates from 2 to 7 days to reach anywhere in the continental U.S., but in reality it can take up to two weeks to reach the West Coast. To keep prices to a minimum, Standard Shipping packages will not automatically be insured. If they are lost or damaged in transit, we will do our best to replace them, but the subscriber will be charged for the extra items. If you would like, we will purchase insurance on your packages (for $1.50 per shipment) and replace any lost or damaged items that we can at no extra charge to you.
- Expedited Shipping: Unless you specify a preference of UPS or USPS, we will select the less expensive of UPS Ground or Priority Mail when it is time for your comics to be shipped. Expedited packages are automatically insured against loss or damage. Transit time is about 2-4 business days.
Please Note: due to the deep discounts we offer to subscribers on comic books and trade paperbacks, we can not extend our store's free shipping offer to subscription shipments.
For International Customers:
- Airmail: Airmail is delivered to most parts of the world in 4-10 business days.
- Economy Mail: Economy mail is usually much less expensive than Airmail. During periods of low mail volume, it can be delivered as quickly as Airmail; however, sometimes it takes up to eight weeks for Economy Mail to be delivered.
Insurance is available (and recommended) on international packages for $1.50 per shipment. Uninsured packages that are lost or damaged in transit may be replaced at the customer's expense; if the shipment is insured, we will replace the contents at our expense.
In addition to customizing your shipping method, you can specify how often we ship your books:
- Monthly: Ships every four weeks. This is our most popular (and very cost-effective) option.
- Ship on the [1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th] week of the month: If you want your subscription to ship right after you get paid or on the same week Previews comes out, this is the setting for you.
- Biweekly: Ships every two weeks.
- Weekly: Ships every week.
- Ship when my subtotal reaches $____: Each week, we will calculate the total price of your subscription books (after your discount has been applied) and any shop items attached to your subscription. If the shipment value exceeds the value you have specified, we will ship your subscription. If two months have passed since your last shipment, we will go ahead and send your books even if the value has not exceeded the minimum you set.
Set a Custom Shipping Date
By visiting your account page, you can select a custom shipping date for your upcoming shipment. The outside limit is two months after your previous shipment. This is designed to allow you to schedule your shipments around vacations and other conflicts. It's also handy if you just can't wait another week for your comics!
Minimum Shipment Value
Our small subscribers are important to us. While many online services and brick-and-mortar stores require customers to subscribe to a minimum number of titles, we have avoided this restriction. However, it is uneconomical (both for us and for the subscriber) to ship one issue at a time via any mail class. We will hold your shipment until the total value of your comic books (after your discount is applied) and any shop items shipping with your subscription is at least $10. If two months have passed since your last shipment, we will send your shipment regardless of its value.
What does this mean for you? If you have subscribed to one monthly title, you will receive a shipment once every two months containing two issues. If you have subscribed to seven monthly titles and have selected weekly shipping, we will ship your subscription on any week that your total is over $10. Otherwise, we will hold the shipment for another week until more books are added.
Sometimes you may not want to wait until your shipment reaches $10 or two months have passed. Sometimes you want to read that latest issue right now! If you would like us to ship your comics immediately, you can set the shipping date of your open shipment on your account page. We will then ship your comics on the date you have specified, regardless of the value of your shipment. If your subtotal is less than $10 when that date arrives, we will add a $1.00 surcharge to your shipping fee.
On the shipping preferences page, you can also specify that we should always ship your comics on time, adding the $1.00 surcharge any time the total is less than $10. In the previous example, if you subscribed to seven titles with Weekly shipping and checked the checkbox to indicate that your subscription should always ship on time, your books would ship every week. On weeks where your total was less than $10, a surcharge would be applied. On any week where your total was over $10, there would be no surcharge.